The Sierra Club’s Environmental Law Program (ELP) is hiring a Legal Assistant in our Oakland HQ. ELP is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented person to provide litigation and programmatic support, including preparing and filing court and administrative agency documents, conducting legal and factual research, and handling administrative and clerical duties. If you have excellent organizational skills, a strong ability to multitask and prioritize projects, and solid research and communication skills, here’s your opportunity to work with the nation’s leader in grassroots environmental litigation.
General-Other: Administrative-Clerical, Environmental Protection-Conservation, Project Management, Program Management
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Computer skills: 1-2 years experience with word processing (WordPerfect and Word) and preferably database management skills (including strong familiarity with Excel). General computer literacy and solid internet research skills required.
- Solid research, writing, oral communication, analytic, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to do precise, careful work needed for courtroom filings, attorney admissions, and correspondence with courts, etc.
- Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative, to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and to make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of energy and climate data sources and familiarity with government climate/energy policy and litigation procedures are a plus.