Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in Information Services? Do you know SAP and have experience providing solutions within the manufacturing and shop floor environment? Delta Faucet Company has an exciting role for you based at our Indianapolis corporate headquarters!
The SAP Functional Manager-Manufacturing/Shop Floor will drive the engagement for the functional areas of manufacturing, supply chain, operations and logistics.
This position manages the relationship between end users/customers and information technology, and maintains communication channels between user groups and IS support staff, both internal and external. The incumbent collaborates with business stakeholders to manage program priorities and coordinate project delivery and support to meet business requirements. The Functional Manager is expected to project manage all assigned initiatives to provide a true end to end solution for the business. This role will develop, maintain and communicate a rolling 3-5 year strategic plan to management and/or senior levels of the company outlining the timing/priority of technical initiatives for supply chain.
- Organizational Leadership
- Assist in the development of strategies and roadmaps for supporting respective business area.
- Serve as a mentor or coach to others in the organization.
- Maintain an understanding of trends in information technology, system architecture, system development, project management, best practices and methods.
- Business Partner Engagement
- Develop strong partnering relationships with key stakeholders typically at the middle management levels within the Company to create alignment to a common set of goals that benefit the overall mission of the Company.
- Assist in the development of strategic and tactical roadmaps identifying goals and drivers of stakeholder business.
- Communicate architecture strategy and delivery capabilities and be effective in managing expectations while demonstrating understanding of needs of business.
- Take a lead role in facilitating business partners’ strategies and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Solutions Design
- Collaborate with business partners in identifying opportunities for, and implementation of, automated systems for complex business processes.
- Lead and/or participate in the development of overall business solutions designs including reengineering business processes, organization and application architecture.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of an architectural vision, roadmap, guidelines, and standards.
- Work closely with business partners to identify problems and requirements, and provide complete business solutions to support complex Company processes.
- Research and analyzes basic and complex issues surrounding the processes and systems of an organization, make solution recommendations for improving business processes and practices.
- Manage the development of high-level requirements of new business solutions.
- Solutions Delivery
- Manage individual projects as required aligned to a specific business area. Projects will typically be simple to moderate in terms of complexity and of less than 6 months in duration with scope inclusive of process, organization and system change.
- Deliver against business case and specifications, vendor management, change management, and issue resolution for business solution projects.
- Manage the development of project plans and implementation of various business solutions encompassing business processes and organization.. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress for the business solutions.
- Solutions Development & Support
- Ensure quality of support resources and processes are in place to maintain operational efficiency of the Company’s business systems and processes.
- Lead new development efforts in context of business solution projects or support.
- As needed, provide problem diagnosis and technical consulting on complex production issues. Provide management oversight to production issue resolution processes when required.
- Lead system development and/or interfaces of solutions including the installing, implementing, enhancing, and testing business application software.
- Provide mentorship and leadership in resolving complex technical problems.
- Develop and use a set of best practices for application development and system architecture.
- Ensure the quality development of business processes and functional and/or technical specifications for business systems. Ensure quality solution deployment through the development and execution of solution test plans and scripts.
- Perform tasks dealing with the analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions serving business areas.
- Carry out detailed system design and write specs for development.
- Provide guidance to business areas in developing tests and training plans and materials.
IT Project Management, Enterprise Software Implementation & Consulting
Education and Experience/Skills:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 5+ years’ experience in designing, delivering, and developing business solutions; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must demonstrate and maintain expert knowledge and leadership in SAP in the areas of Production Planning (PP), Inventory Management (MM) and Warehouse Management (WM) to conform to evolving business practices. This role will understand production/manufacturing and inventory warehouse management processes, concepts and SAP best practices. Demonstrated experience in developing professional business relationships and consulting with management in other functional areas. Demonstrated leader in creative and critical thinking, business case development and achievement, and taking calculated risks. Direct project management experience in the Information Technology industry highly beneficial. Demonstrated experience with the design of new business processes using various methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Value Stream Mapping. Demonstrated experience in various application delivery methodologies such as SDLC, SCRUM, AGILE.
The preferred candidate will have the demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and motivate project teams. Must have superior technical communication skills. and be able to clearly and concisely explain technical topics to both technical and non-technical associates. Must be a highly motivated, innovative and creative thinker who is ready learn, grow and help mentor less experienced team members. Demonstrated ability to deliver highly complex business solutions on time and within budget. Executes responsibilities with little to no oversight required.