As Safety Coordinator, you will lead, direct, audit, enforce and train safety procedures on multiple simultaneous construction projects. Identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may injure or cause property damage using job-specific safety standards, best management practices, training, and disciplinary techniques.
- Hold pre-construction planning meetings with job site staff and subcontractors to review overall site-specific safety programs
- Conduct weekly job site walk-through audits with Superintendents to identify hazards and train safe behavior
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the overall project safety program policies and procedures
- Partner with Project Managers and Superintendents to mentor and coach job site crew
- Foster and build relationships to ensure safety compliance with employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and design partners
- Enforce safety program, policies, and procedures by immediately correcting actions on the job site
- Stop any unsafe practices, train on correct behavior, and recommend disciplinary action if needed
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job hazards immediately
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to safety policies
RJM offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, health savings account, 401k, life/AD&D insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, and more.
RJM Construction is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Construction Management or equivalent
- 3-5 years of construction experience
Demonstrated Technical Competencies to include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Displays strong written, oral communication skills and effective listening skills
- Analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities