Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines - and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
We support the infrastructure and development of Harvard's internal system by leveraging a DevOps Agile model, working across many technologies and customers, and continuously looking for better ways to support Harvard's computing needs. We are looking for a Windows Engineer / DevOps Engineer specializing in Microsoft technologies, also able to support a Linux environment. The Windows Engineer / DevOps engineer will work as a full stack engineer, proficient as a DBA, system admin, or developer, understanding what the needs and approaches for each area and be able to triage at each level. The person will provide troubleshooting, administration and automation for infrastructure, applications, and database components of both on premise and Cloud Application systems for Harvard University. They will work in a highly diverse technical environment both on prem and Cloud, Linux and Windows, and many existing and new tools leverage to continuously improve process and the system environment. We work in an Agile structure, with each member of the team belonging to a Scrum Team.
As a member of the Harvard community, this individual will work collaboratively, developing solid working relationships with across Harvard staff, management, consultants, and vendors. This individual will also provide mentorship and guidance to HUIT technical teams, build awareness of database and application best practices and operational procedures, and be able to find and leverage improvements from across the organization. HUIT seeks motivated, improvement-oriented technologists with a problem-solving mindset who are comfortable self-directing and enjoy a team-based working environment. The individual must be able to succeed in an environment of many technologies being worked on simultaneously and different nuances based on customer needs.Basic Qualifications
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Specific experience with Microsoft SCCM and/or Ansible on Microsoft with hands on experience deploying, administering, troubleshooting, and mentoring all aspects of the technology.
• Five years' experience working as a Windows Administrator (Active Directory preferred) supporting enterprise level implementation in a multi domain, multi forest environment.
• Fluency in coding, rapid prototyping especially automation using PowerShell/WinRM
• 3+ years supporting production systems in a predictable and stable stateAdditional Qualifications
• Strong cross group collaboration skills
• Ability to handle periodic live service 24x7 on-call responsibilities and work in dev-ops model
• Able to learn new Cloud technologies, trends, and supporting tools
• Build, Administer, and Triage AWS infrastructure with a focus on Microsoft Windows workloads including Active Directory.
• Learn, cross train and collaborate in other technical areas in order to support our environment. (IE. Linux, DBA)The following skills are a plus:
• Certification in any of the AWS learning paths
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Experience building and administering Windows 2016
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools like SPLUNK and Nagios
• Experience in disaster recovery, project management, and/or knowledge of ITIL and AgileEEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.