Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC)Job ID
2017-5799# of Openings
Behavioral/Mental HealthMore information about this job:Overview
Community Health Center, Inc. (CHCI). CHC is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and behavioral health services, and a leader in practice based research, health professionals training, and use of innovative technologies to advance health and health care.CHCI is designated as a federally qualified health center and a patient centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and NCQA, respectively. WE deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state of Ct, all connected by technology and common standards for quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and practice transformation, and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute, the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement, and the Community eConsult Network.National Nurse Practitioner Residency and fellowship training Consortium, National Institute for the Advancement of Medical Assistants and the Community eConsult Network. Qualifications
Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D)Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
If you experience any technical difficulties with this webpage, please contact the Human Resources Department at 203/237-2229 ext. 6882.
Full Time Behavioral Health Clinician II - Middletown CHC
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy with children and/or adults. Initial behavioral health evaluations. Coordination with community agencies. May clinically supervise unlicensed staff or students.
- Ph.D. /Psy.D, LCSW, LPC or LMFT degree
- Licensure in the State of Connecticut.
- Minimum of two years of experience with outpatients including experience with children and/or adults.
- Theoretical orientation consistent with brief, problem-focused therapy.
- Reliable access to an automobile or reliable access to transportation to outside agency consults, to/from work and other agency related meetings
- Written and oral bilingual fluency in language spoken by patient population (for example, English/Spanish) preferred.
- Completes initial behavioral health evaluations; individual, group and family psychotherapy with children and/or adults in an outpatient clinic. Will be expected to run at least five (5) groups for each week of direct clinical work.
- Practices as part of an interdisciplinary, inter-professional team, accepting “warm hand offs” from primary care providers and other members of the health care team as well as reaching in to the patient population to identify patients potentially in need of behavioral health services as flagged by the BH clinical dashboards
- Consults with providers within and outside the agency regarding the treatment plan and progress of the patients.
- Shares in the Behavioral Health On-Call for after-hours coverage and daily clinic call.
- Coordinates as needed with psychiatric consultants for diagnostic and consultative needs; refers as necessary for medication management
- Attends clinical Team Meetings as assigned and Component Meetings.
- Attends clinical supervision.
- Clinically supervises unlicensed Behavioral Health staff as assigned.
- Meets productivity standards as outlined annually during employees performance appraisal review with a focus on quality clinical care.
- Completes all documentation required by state regulations, Joint Commission standards, and CHC Behavioral Health department bylaws in a timely manner, included by not limited to intake, prior authorization request, progress notes, treatment plan documentation, and discharge
- Completes and locks all treatment notes no later than the end of the next business day
- Completes reports as required for outside agencies such as DCF, Family Relations, probation, and others with appropriate releases signed by clients.
- Participates as a member of agency wide committees as assigned.
Work Schedule Responsibilities:
- Must be available to work one evening and one Saturday per month, as well as to participate in on call after hour's coverage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. This position must interface with patients, family members, community agencies and other providers within the organization.
- Behavioral Health information is kept in strict confidence. Confidentiality of patient and business information is a requirement. Full access to patient medical records and encounter data. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies.
- Responsibility for client data entry.
- Access to medical system information.
- Confidential patient correspondence.