2017-1260# of Openings
US-WI-Beaver DamPosted Date
11 hours agoCategory
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for the design analysis, drawing reproduction, documentation and electronic data control activities essential to manufacturing which includes completing an audit and the final release of the engineering documentation: production drawings and process routings. This position also includes project management activities to ensure projects are production ready.Responsibilities
- Create and audit CAD models as required for new or changing products.
- Create and audit documentation to support product production.
- Create and audit all electronic data required to support product.
- Assist with technical support and coordinate project management activities with internal departments: tooling, quality, purchasing, production planning, sales, production personnel, shipping.
- Collaborate design changes and assist customers with DFM opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Proficient in use of CREO or equivalent. Knowledge of sheet metal application a plus.
- Able to design and think analytically and creatively.
- Able to operate on own initiative but also contribute as a team member working within Engineering and other cross functional teams.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design with 2 years manufacturing experience
- Recent college graduates encouraged to apply
- Metallurgy experience is a plus.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity