2017-1262# of Openings
US-WI-Beaver DamPosted Date
13 hours agoCategory
Reporting to the Laser Supervisor this role is primarily responsible for operating Lasers and de-nesting parts cut by the laser and metal finishing, identifying and organizing the laser cut parts in a Just-in-time fabrication shop. This position also may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.Responsibilities
- Perform setups and operations on Mitsubishi Lasers.
- Check material thickness for accuracy and load material into laser stocker.
- De-nest and remove laser oxide from parts.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
- May train others on set-up and operation of Laser.
- Identify and solve machine alignment and cut condition problems.
- Troubleshoot minor program errors independently.
- Apply basic understanding of G and M code.
- Cross Train across multiple laser platforms and cells.
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and complete work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong Laser or CNC operating background.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Ability to understand/apply knowledge of "G" and "M" codes and have applicable computer skills.
- Demonstrated blueprint reading capability, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- A High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Previous experience working within a highly technical environment
- Previous Mitsubishi Laser Experience.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity