Hyland Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Hyland Software provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions because of a disability, please contact Hyland Software's Human Resources Department at 440-788-5000.
Hyland Software does not accept headhunter or agency resumes through this website, and will not pay any referral or recruitment fees without a written agreement.
Job ID 2017-3048
# of Openings 1
Job Locations Lenexa, KS Office
The Technical Support Engineer – Healthcare is responsible for providing business critical technical support to healthcare professionals, such as physicians, clinicians, radiologists and diagnosticians, as well as highly skilled customer and partner IT and functional staff, including Database Administrators, System Administrators, IT management and line-of-business managers. In addition, the position requires frequent interaction with internal Product Development and Professional Services resources to deliver complete, comprehensive resolutions to break-fix issues experienced with implemented solutions. In the role of Technical Support Engineer you will be providing telephone, email and web based support for Hyland healthcare products.
- Take ownership of customer and partner issues from inception through resolution, and provide enterprise level technical support to our customers and partners via web, phone email and other support channels as required.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify resolutions to resolve customer and partner issues related to application use, design and configuration utilizing Hyland systems, utilities and support processes with assistance from team members, and learn best practices for problem resolution.
- Assist customers with issues arising from product upgrades, installations, and configurations
- Provide regular and frequent communication to customers and partners; ensure customers and partners are fully advised as to the progress being made toward issue resolution.
- Effectively and professionally communicate complex technical issues to departments within Hyland, such as product management, software engineering, sales and quality assurance.
- Compose internal documentation that fully reflects all activity related to resolution of support request.
- Associate's Degree in a technical or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the principal duties of the job.
- Experience administering and providing enterprise level technical support to healthcare professionals and systems preferred.
- Good collaborative skills, applied successfully within team as well as with other areas.
- Speak or write with ease, clarity and impact, using a communication style appropriate to the subject and the audience.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skill.
- Organized and experienced at successfully multi-tasking.
Successful candidates will have familiarity and some expertise with the following technologies, and will have the opportunity to learn and work with others:
- Healthcare Systems, Standards and Software: VNA, PACS, DICOM, HL7, medical image and clinical content viewers
- Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server, Unix (Solaris, HP/UX, AIX), Linux
- Database Software: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Storage: RAID, NAS, SAN