2017-1784# of Openings
As the largest, privately owned banknote substrate-maker in the world and a leading security feature developer, Crane Currency has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity.Responsibilities Teamwork is Currency at Crane
Crane is growing and we are now a 24/7 operation in our Nashua, NH facility. Positions are now available on nights and weekends. As a Machine Operator, you will play a critical role within an organization known for innovative currency and banknote technologies.
Crane offers competitive pay starting at $17/hour, shift differential, world class benefits, generous 401k match, profit sharing and much more. Don't miss out and apply now at www.careersatcrane.com
Safely and effectively operate slitter machinery and all support processes in a manner resulting in a product which meets or exceeds customer requirements while yielding maximum productivity. Operating:
- Equipment operation includes monitoring and control of the equipment to maintain conformance to customer specifications and quality standards.
- Efficient operation of equipment to maximize yields and uptime.
- A thorough understanding of all components of the slitter and spooling equipment, with the ability to set up orders and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Follow standard operating procedures and guidelines for make-ready, troubleshooting, security, record keeping, and quality testing.
- Perform set changes in a timely fashion utilizing a team approach.
- Perform final visual quality inspection of spools for cut graphics and other quality issues.
- Operate rewinding equipment when necessary.
- Complete related records, reports and paperwork for proper documentation including packing lists and labels.
- Make boxes, package spools, label product and palletize boxes.
- Follow proper quality control procedures for inspection of product.
- Complete related records, reports and paperwork.
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and organized work environment to include proper use of PPE and 5S.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity required
- Ability to work with computer systems, i.e. ERP systems, Excel, Word, Outlook, and related monitoring and control functions
- Previous precision machine experience preferred
- Experience operating slitting equipment highly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industrial Math Skills required
- Previous manufacturing experience required
- Must be willing to work shift work, overtime, and weekends as required
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform required functions with a minimum of direct supervision
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.