2017-1274# of Openings
US-WI-West BendPosted Date
16 hours agoCategory
This is a 2nd shift position
Reporting to the Paint Supervisor, the Paint line Helper is primarily responsible for loading and unloading parts from the paint line. This person may perform quality issues and notify supervisor and/or resolve quality issues. Team work, housekeeping and organizing is important for this role.Responsibilities
- Confirm job order and material selections. Report any packaging shortages.
- Tape and mask parts as required for coating.
- Use correct hangers to hang parts correctly on conveyer. Hang parts uniform for cleaning and powder painting.
- Assist with deck assembly on line and assemble tread plates, when needed
- Remove parts from racks after oven cure.
- Inspect coated parts for coating thickness using approved gauges.
- Keep paint hooks clean and in good working order; organize the area as needed.
- Responsible for filling out and managing all production, and quality documentation as required.
- Rack fenders with material handler when unloading line.
- Follow instructions to package parts to avoid damage in proper containers and on proper racks.
- Follow all company rules, policies and regulations.
- Report quality concerns to line leader, manager or QC department.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards, using proper PPE and load weight limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently.
- Knowledge of Basic Print reading and torque values.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from is accredited institution.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience working within a highly technical environment.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Previous experience working within a powder coat department.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Exposure to a Lean manufacturing environment.
- General understanding of Metric and Standard systems.
- Prior experience working in a SAP system.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity