MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the Device Support Team. This position assists internal customers with technical support of all supported purpose partner computing devices, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique problems. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of applicable network servers and associated equipment. Responsible for supervision of all Device Support activities and personnel. Additional responsibilities include answering, commenting and replying to Service Desk inquiries. Ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority. Strong aptitude in O.S. Repairs, Spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshooting and software troubleshooting. Provide field work as needed. Work requires ability to read and comprehend knowledge articles, creation and understanding of standard operating procedures, and coaching and mentoring of Device Support Specialists. This position reports to the Operations Manager. Although travel is usually planned in advance- issues can arise which could warrant immediate travel to one or more satellite locations.
- Provide superb technical system and user support by responding to calls, email, and other requests for technical support.
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring of Device Support team. Work as an escalation path and liaison between other IT functional groups.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with the Service Desk and Tier III staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ability to identify and organize tickets as well as monitor and respond quickly and effectively
- Appropriately use diagnostic utilities, knowledge base, and internet resources when required to aid in troubleshooting
- Deploy software to client devices using enterprise deployment tools (SCCM 2012)
- Create Knowledge Base Articles to aid in troubleshooting by Service Desk
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for Device Support team.
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 3 support teams.
- Inform Leadership of recurring Incidents and work on root cause analysis.
- Manage the setup of computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies and issues to address as we grow.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: Associate's or Technical Degree, Computer Technology or 5 years equivalent experience: required
- Computer Skills: 5+ years experience with PC and with server hardware/software trouble shooting to the component level. 5+ years experience in Windows 7 and Windows 8 for workstation plus Windows 2003/2008/2012 server operating system. 5+ years of direct or indirect problem determination and resolution. Must be self-motivated team oriented and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Other Skills: 3+ years' supervisorial experience in related IT field. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, is detail oriented, and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to problem solve. Strong sense of urgency and strong commitment to quality customer service is required
MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, our organizations do not allow discrimination in their hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace