Owens Realty ServicesNew Haven, CT, United States of AmericaOverview
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients' property.Job Skills / Requirements
Schedule: M-F, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
As a core member of the Property Management Team, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining the entire property in a safe, attractive, and comfortable condition. You will also assist with all types of maintenance repairs and administrative work orders.
As a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company, Owens Realty Services continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry. As a Mobile Maintenance Supervisor you will work closely with the Property Management team in order to meet the needs of the client. In this role, you will report to the Property Manager.
*This is a part-time, 24 hours a week. Schedule can be flexible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete assigned work orders on facility finishes, furnishings and equipment in a timely manner
• Tracking and reconciling all work orders
• Observes condition of general facility, mechanical room, or other areas and reports any unusual circumstances
• Preventative Maintenance: makes regular inspections to check for appearance & cleanliness, structural cracks, excessive wear, and faulty parts
• Respond to emergency requests on an as needed basis
• Maintains a professional, safe and clean work environment
• Complies with all company and OSHA safety policies and regulations
• Maintain company vehicle, inventory and tools
• Meeting daily goals
• Available to work additional hours for emergency service after hours.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
• Must hold a current state issued driver's license and record in good standing
• Minimum 3- 5 years' experience in commercial facility maintenance
• High school diploma or technical school certification.
• Ability to organize and schedule one's own work assignments.
• Must be familiar with power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants
• Some familiarity with electricity, plumbing, and carpentry
• Painting skills
• Own basic tool belt equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PM16 Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or EquivalentAdditional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Benefits: Short Term Disability
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, flexible TBD
Number of Openings for this position: 1