Owens Realty ServicesNew Haven, CT, United States of AmericaOverview
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants,visitors and our clients property.
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.Job Skills / Requirements
We have an exceptional Property Manager opportunity within the greater New Haven, CT area (multiple buildings). As a core member of the team, you would be responsible for maintaining physical assets, monthly and quarterly financial reporting, budgeting, common area maintenance reconciliations, capital project bidding & management, vendor proposals and superior customer service skills in your daily work.
As a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company, Owens Realty Services continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry. As a Property Manager, you will interact with professionals throughout the organization giving you exceptional opportunities for career enrichment. In this role, you will report to the Executive Vice President of Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reviews monthly financial accounting, completes monthly narrative report with accurate explanation of variance.
• Completes CAM reconciliations and billing for tenants per leases.
• Prepares budget and reviews monthly financial accounting, reporting, and explanation of variances.
• Approves all expenditures; in accordance to management plan, approved procedures and adopted budget.
• Communicates all problems and makes recommendations
• Completes all duties in a professional and timely manner.
• Completes daily inspections and follow-up on maintenance work.
• Delegates and supervises scheduling of maintenance work.
• Develops task schedules for maintenance and preventative maintenance.
• Handles any and all emergencies that may arise on site.
• Oversees management team practices on employee selection, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
• Maintains CMMS and “Preventative Maintenance Program” for the properties.
• Maintains excellent professional relationships with tenants and owners of the properties.
• Maintains inventory controls of all equipment and supplies.
• Maintains professional relationship with suppliers, vendors, and professionals servicing the property.
• Maintains professional relationships with other departments including operations, accounting, human resources, safety and marketing.
• Maintains purchase order system and inventory controls.
• Make recommendations for more efficient use of allocated funds.
• Provide project management for capital projects and major repairs and maintenance.
• Reports and controls payroll information on a timely basis.
• Represents the company in professional manner.
• Responsible for all specifications, bidding, selection and management of all property vendors according to the requirements & approvals of the client.
• Responsible for the financial budgeting, management and performance of buildings under management.
• Responsible for training and development of all personnel assigned.
• Supervises assigned management team, maintenance staff and custodial personnel to ensure that they are performing routine activities and remedial tasks as required.
• Support the development of the operating budgets and Operations Plan for the facilities.
• Work with Management team to communicate and delegate work to all staff;
• Responsible for overall property management responsibilities, including maintaining the physical integrity of the properties under management in support of owners' goals and objectives.
Job Abilities and Skills:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with ability to deal effectively with all levels of company and client personnel.
• Ability to supervise, train and motivate staff.
• High level of competency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Knowledge and experience with industry software programs such as Yardi.
• Professional attire expected and required.
• Motor Vehicle, Drug Test & Criminal Background check.
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
• College education required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
• CFM, CPM and or other industry related certifications highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PM16 Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or EquivalentAdditional Information / Benefits
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1