AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Job ID
Responsible for executing Human Resources priorities and strategies in alignment with overall organizational objectives. Primary contact for the delivery of HR Services including talent acquisition, retention, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, training, employee relations for a business unit or corporate functional group. Successful HRBP will act as a business consultant and change agent. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs for the business unit and overall organization. The HRBP is a hands-on HR expert who formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, strategic objectives and its culture.Responsibilities
- Guide the strategic efforts related to Employee Engagement, Retention and Talent/Management Development
- Assists in the implementation and dissemination of human resource policies and procedures.
- Counsels and coaches managers/supervisors to resolve employee relations and performance issues.
- Assesses employee training needs and, working with the training department. May develop and deliver training programs.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Consults with HR subject matter experts in most complex situations.
- Assists with the implementation of the union free strategy that includes educating supervisors and routinely auditing workplace conditions and employees attitudes.
- Assists in the preparation of Succession plans.
- Anticipates HR needs within the business unit and takes coordinated steps to meet them.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Works closely with management and employees to build strategies around employee engagement and retention.
- Recommends and assists in the development of terms and conditions for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- In conjunction with Legal (as required), investigates complaints of discrimination or harassment; recommends corrective action if appropriate.
- Provides HR Policy guidance; requesting interpretation from corporate.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned. Conducts exit interviews, performs analysis on exit data, and develops strategy to increase retention.
- Conducts exit interviews on targeted key retention roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field. Masters preferred; coupled with a minimum of 5 years of the resolution of complex employee relations issues including multi-site responsibilities.
- Prior in depth experience in multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union-free relations, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws also required.
- Relevant Healthcare industry experience and a PHR or SPHR certificate a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English a plus.