Location: MULTIPLE in Southeast Region
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2142Description
As a Bridge/Structures Project Engineer with our Southeast region you will work closely with the Project Manager and the entire site team to ensure the projects are tracking on cost and schedule. You will be based on any one of our 14+ ongoing projects across the region, most of which have heavy structural components requiring bridge expertise. Responsibilities:
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
- Manage subcontract administration and permanent material supplier through monitoring of correspondence, issue change orders and pay sheet
- Reviews subcontractors; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project.
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project.
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards. Conducts tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with high standards of workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management and as well as engineering best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited institution and 5+ years heavy civil projects
- Or 7+ years heavy civil related experience and/or training
- Resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating) and construction technology, process systems and/or structures experience preferred
- Previous experience working on large scale bridge projects
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.