Location: Greenville, SC USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2139Description
The Senior Project Manager takes a lead role on projects, liaises directly with the client/owners and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget. The SPM will be involved from bid stage and for the right individual, these is an opportunity to grow this position into an area operations role over time in line with the growth plans for the region. To be successful in this position, you must have previous end-to-end heavy civil construction experience on large scale bid-build, design-build and other alternative delivery projects and a demonstrated track record of leading and executing profitable projects while building talent capability. As a Senior Project Manager at Flatiron you have the opportunity to be the CEO of your project. Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the construction and pre-construction efforts, ensuring the project is delivered on time and in budget. Working closely with the regional leaders, you will have responsibility for overall forecasting, cost management, contingency planning and securing the profitability on projects.
- Develop and maintain successful client/owner and JV Partner relationships on behalf of Flatiron.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in line with corporate policies.
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project, promoting our "Don't Walk By" safety standard and Company Values.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as leveraging your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required
- 10+ years of proven Project Management experience with a large General Contractor
- Substantial experience on large scale heavy civil projects (bridges, roads, highways, rail etc) is required
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies - Design Build/ PPP (P3) preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) is an asset
- Must be willing and able to relocate based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.