LocationCT: Rocky Hill (500 Enterprise Drive, Suite 4D)
Job FamilyClinical, LicensedJob Brief
The Intensive Clinical Supervisor, CCM will be responsible for the clinical supervision, ongoing support and education and overall management of clinical department staff for youth Intensive Care Management Services.
ExemptABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Intensive Clinical Supervisor, CCM
to join our team at our office in Rocky Hill, CT
. The Intensive Clinical Supervisor, CCM
will be responsible for the clinical supervision, ongoing support and education and overall management of clinical department staff for youth Intensive Care Management Services. The Intensive Clinical Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the clinical operations policies and procedures. The Intensive Clinical Supervisor is part of an interdisciplinary team, which embraces and advances the goals of recovery and care management, including the enhancement of member and provider participation in the plan of care and maximizing continuous, comprehensive, and coordinated care for each identified member.Position Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical leadership, supervision (individual and/or group) and training to clinicians on Partnership policies and procedures.
- Serves as the immediate resource to staff regarding problem-solving, clinical, technical, and emergent issues requiring immediate response/intervention.
- Participates in the recruiting, orientation, training and staff development providing on going feedback through Beacon Health Options performance management systems..
- Ensures state-of-the art techniques are applied by clinicians in managing service delivery through the use of objective, standardized clinical protocols and outlier management programs.
- Manages a caseload and assures call center coverage for staff as needed during vacations or staffing shortages.
- Assures compliance with performance standards and targets.
- Maintains a supportive environment that encourages diversity, teamwork, and open communication.
- Maintains positive and collaborative relationships with the CTBHP clients (DSS, DCF, and DMHAS), providers, and advocacy groups to support regional priorities and goals.
- Ensures Regional Network Managers and Clinical AVPs are provided with information regarding over and underutilization, gaps in services and effective/ineffective treatment approaches that are discovered by staff, and ensures coordinated efforts to meet utilization goals.Adds to existing resources as information becomes available.
- Compiles weekly statistics on referrals, caseloads, utilization, call center activity, including crisis calls, etc. Participates in monitoring assigned daily reports (including but not limited to CMS, scrub reports, etc.) in support of contracted performance standards.
- Works closely with the Peer Director to arrange trainings for clinicians as needed and ensures a seamless interface between the Peer Specialists and Clinicians.
: This position requires a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related clinical disciplineLicensure
: Must be independently licensed (or license eligible) in Connecticut in one or more of the following disciplines: Social Work-LCSW, Licensed Professional Counselor-LPC, Marriage and Family Therapist-LMFT, Psychologist-PhD or PsyD, or Registered Nurse-RN.Relevant Work Experience:
Five (5) years' experience in the behavioral health field with two (2) years post master's degree experience in the delivery of social work/counseling services in a behavioral health care or home health setting is required. Supervisory experience is required. Knowledge of local community resources is essential. Demonstrated ability to intervene effectively in complex clinical situations. Working knowledge of care management principles and practices, cost containment principles. Excellent PC skills, and analytical and problem solving skills needed.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Knowledge of Avaya Phone system/headset
- Service Connect
- 65 wpm typing skills
Click below on "Apply for this Position"
to create a profile and apply for the positionwww.beaconhealthoptions.com
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:CT - Rocky Hill
ID (Req #):53436
FTE Status:Full Time
Schedule:Mon- Fri 8:30-5:00