UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.Job Summary
Responsible for translating the Business requirements of the Functional Areas (e.g., Finance, Controlling, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Customer Service, Meter Operations, etc.) into SAP CR&B functionality via the SAP Configuration IMG (SAP Implementation Guide). This includes all aspects of project work, on-going functional enhancements, trouble-shooting, and SAP provided system and/or legal changes. Collaborates on all phases of the systems development life-cycle (SDLC) with a focus on the analysis, design, and development of configuration-based solutions. Must continuously maintain and develop the necessary skillsets, both technical and analytical to enhance value-added business solutions and in keeping with the IT architecture.
Knowledge & Skills
- Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by assisting with documentation and estimates. Executes the design, development, testing and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables. Reviews deliverables produced by junior staff.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more functional areas, developing strong business and system knowledge relating to functional areas and assigned business unit(s). Supports the maintenance and evolution of the logical data model and business process model for assigned business unit(s).
- Works with the business unit analysts and other IT technical resources, to develop new systems and enhance existing systems to meet changing policy and legislative requirements. Performs configuration to support defined business processes/functions including legal patches released by SAP by performing timely testing, and validation.
- Troubleshoot incidents reported against IT applications. Assist in investigating issues to determine the root cause of problems. Support and monitor daily batch processing, responding to job failures in a timely manner.
- Provide 24X7 primary and/or secondary support to core applications considered business critical.
- Assume the role of project manager for mid-sized projects, coordinating the efforts of the IT staff over multiple functional areas. Responsible for generating the required documentation throughout the different phases of a project. This includes items such as project charters, technical specifications and technical test plans.
- Follow established change management procedures to ensure that applications and modifications are implemented in a way that meets internal IT controls.
- Act as a mentor, providing training and guidance to junior members of the configuration staff.
- Document configuration processes and procedures for all relevant SAP system. Uses flow charts, screen shots and step-by-step instructions to document procedures. Coordinates and provides thorough and consistent end-user training on all SAP systems.
- Keep apprised of current trends in the business marketplace with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Provides input and direction on business unit technology strategies.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Possess strong analytical skills, which allows for the assessment of business processes and how they guide and shape application functionality.
- Comprehends technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies; suggests and leads application of new technologies.
- Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines. Develops project plans for small projects; partners with Project Managers to develop project plans for large projects and assists Manager with resource management.
- Working knowledge of COBIT5 based IT Governance and Management framework or other structured industry standard methodologies.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Frequently presents information to their team, department, and business areas
- Bachelor's degree in Information/Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- An Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent discipline plus seven (7) years of related SAP configuration experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- At least Six (6) years of SAP configuration experience performing system analysis, design, development and production support duties in one of the following disciplines to the point of being a subject matter expert in that area:
- CRM - Customer Relationship Management
- ISU/ECC - Industry Specific Solution for Utilities Industry
- DM - Device Management
- FICA - Financials & Contract Accounting
- SM - Service Management
- Preferred: SAP professional certification in one of the specific disciplines lists above.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in position).
- Two (2) or more years supporting a system with a RDBMS, and experience in systems analysis, design, and development. Experience developing technical specifications based on the requirements provided from business units.