Engineering - Software
. Milpitas, California
Do you care about building real products on a global scale? Do you have the ability to imagine, innovate, execute and disrupt?
We are a talented and diverse group of technologists, innovators, and industry leaders, bound by a common passion to reinvent how we approach everyday life. We are SSIC, Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center -- an incubator of new disruptive businesses within the leading global technology company.
We launched in late 2012 and are headquartered in Silicon Valley with smaller teams in Tel Aviv, Seoul and London. We are creating new disruptive platforms and business models for Digital Health, IoT, Next Gen Cloud Infrastructure and HCI. We build things here as well as partner with and invest in early stage partners.
The Digital Health team is focused on the development of a health platform that helps you monitor your health and identify potential health issues before they become serious. We are building a platform that involves sensors, data, algorithms, cloud, hardware and software.
As Senior Manager of Verification and Validation Engineering in SSIC's Digital Health program, you will be working with an agile team of internal engineers and external testing houses/clinics to develop SSIC DH's data collection strategy in order to efficiently and effectively characterize new sensing technologies and to verify and validate system level functionalities for Samsung's next DH devices and systems.
You will lead the design and execution of human user studies, curate massive databases of biomedical signals, and help conduct data-driven analyses of new technologies at all phases of the product development lifecycle, from feasibility to verification and validation.
You are expected to take a system-level approach to determine if the requirements and user needs are met utilizing a balance of benchtop testing, human subject testing, and documentation activities to match best practices. You will work with the Clinical, Product, Hardware, Software, Cloud, Algorithm, and Quality teams to define requirements, specify procedures, and assure our devices meet expectations for exciting new innovations that result in Samsung's next products.
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary engineers, SW QA, and V&V professionals and partners to
- test a complex, multi-platform system
- design and execute studies on human subjects, characterize new sensing technologies, and curate databases of biomedical signals at scale
- Review and contribute to product requirements as they pertain to system and software testing
- Develop and enforce, with the support of an experienced SW Quality Assurance team, the procedures, tests, and artifacts in support of high quality software development and testing
- Guide development and documentation of bench verification test methodologies to test system functionalities, including physiological sensor systems, embedded hardware, embedded SW, phone applications, cloud applications, physiological algorithms, and integrated services
- Design, initiate execution, track progress, and report on product-critical validation studies with internal and external human subjects according to good clinical laboratory practices in pursuit of cohesive, high quality datasets
Train internal and external partners on the advanced techniques and SOPs developed internally to achieve the above goals
- Initiate and devise data-driven statistical assessment of algorithms through processing automation
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or
- 8 years of a combination of V&V engineering, R&D/feasibility testing, and software QA experience in safety critical or medical device-like environments (i.e., formal and standardized documentation and best practice procedures) and knowledge of physiological signals
- Strong capabilities with statistical methodologies and tools (e.g., hypothesis testing, ANOVA)
- Solid software background with focus on automation; experience with scripting for test implementation and automation (e.g., Python); prior SW development and QA experience (e.g., C/C++ coding, static code analysis, code coverage testing)
- Experience with data acquisition systems and database management
- Understanding of risk analysis and FMEA development
Pluses: experience with IRB study review processes/documentation and regulated QMS environment. Strong leadership skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.