Fast-growing Food Distribution company relocating from Milpitas to Tracy in the spring of 2018 is looking for Warehouse Order Selectors. Must be willing to commute until the move is complete. Commute expense reimbursement available. Hourly rate is from $16-$19.
On a daily basis, this individual will be responsible for working in a professional team environment and performing various duties that will include:
- Accurately, safely and efficiently select merchandise from shelves and other storage areas using electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of packaging and product -- including ability to identify and build pallets with dry, chill and frozen items.
- Applies labels accurately with right placement and right product to ensure outbound product is properly stacked, sequenced and securely wrapped.
- Demonstrates ability to operate voice selection system, WMS/ERP and related hardware devices in accordance with specific job functions.
- Practices proper body mechanics and Accident Prevention Program (APP) protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge and abides by federal and state regulations as it pertains to HAZMAT, OSHA and food safety requirements.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous distribution center or food service experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to support a team environment by meeting attendance expectations with consistency and punctuality is required.
- Ability to meet productivity standards in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical abilities test is required.
- Frequently stand/walk during selection activities during shift.
- Frequently bend and twist retrieving items from floor or lower shelf areas.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, frequent weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently use both hands and arms: reaching, grasping, and carrying up to 140-180 cases per hour per shift.
- Frequent reaching up to 72”.
- Visual and hearing abilities required as it relates to the job and safety regulations.
- Frequently climbing on and off pallet jacks and/or forklifts, while safely operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, requires stepping on and off 10” platform.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.