2017-2843# of Openings
2017-12-29Area of Interest
7:30 am-3:30 pmOverview
Unit Clerk team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing administrative support. This position is responsible for coordinating proper placement of documents in Medical Record; performing secretarial duties for assigned unit; assist with inventory and requisitioning of nursing supplies, forms and stock medications; schedule various appointments, laboratory or other diagnostic needs.Responsibilities
- Audit Medical Records of residents on assigned unit for proper order, completeness and "thinning" of charts.
- Close Medical Record following the hospitalization or permanent discharge of the resident.
- Perform other medical record procedures under the direction of the Unit Manager.
- Uphold all rules pertaining to protection, safekeeping and confidentiality of information regarding residents.
- Assist Medical Records Coordinator with preparation of Admission/Discharge Summary form.
- Type organizational lists and perform other secretarial functions for the unit, such as answering phones.
- Distribute mail to residents and staff of unit.
- Answer call light signals, direct or assist as appropriate.
- Coordinate the preparation of forms and documents needed periodically for Medical Records and Treatment Books, Resident Care Planning meetings, and MDS assessments. This includes aide assignment sheets, ROM/Ambulation Records, skin and behavior records.
- Coordinate obtaining of information from all disciplines for Inter-disciplinary Discharge Summary, and sending information to appropriate destination in a timely manner.
- Inventory and requisition supplies needed on the nursing unit, including nursing treatment supplies and printing of forms, as assigned.
- Schedule Podiatry and Dental Consultant appointments for residents; assist with scheduling of the influenza vaccinations, if applicable.
- Maintain lab report schedule for admission, routine and annual requirements or special needs of residents. Complete appropriate forms and schedule appointments for lab draws.
- Assist with obtaining statistics for nursing monthly report and for annual survey by New York State Health Department.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of physician visits and notify Attending Physicians of due date for visits, as required.
- Photograph residents upon admission and places picture in Medication Book.
- Assist with obtaining of room labels for resident rooms.
- Minimum of 16 years of age required; HS diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for applicable individuals
- Office practice skills necessary
- Knowledge of medical records processing preferred but not required
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work required
- Personal qualities of tact and dependability, caring and compassionate attitude toward residents
- An understanding of need for confidentiality and discretion in processing of information about residents required.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and accepted abbreviations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.