Intelligent Software SystemsReq #
Required SecretPosition Type
APG Aberdeen MDJob Description
Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), PROTEUS Technologies and Intelesys. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally. We're passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor provides leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we're successful, and that formula won't be changing!
EOIR Technologies, a Polaris Alpha company is seeking a Software Developer candidate that will work as a member of a Ballistics engineering team on complex software development projects. This position involves participating in design meetings, implementing and testing software solutions, and creating technical documents. The positions are open to candidates with approximately 3 to fifteen years of experience. The level of the classification for a specific applicant will be based on the qualifications of that applicant.
The primary function of this position is to provide programming skills in support of algorithm development for complex software applications. Experience in software design, development, and troubleshooting skills are required. The candidate will also assist with design, architecture and risk assessment. This position will involve participation in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The individual will be expected to:
• Perform a full spectrum of development related tasks including requirement definition, design, code and unit testing and executable integration testing.
• Develop and implement moderate to complex algorithms and applications on one or more platforms.
• Make changes, fixes, or enhancements to existing applications.
• Drive software development tasks to successful completion.
• Participate in requirements and design discussions and demonstrate software that has been developed.
• Participate in peer reviews of designs and code.
• Work closely with Application Architects, Senior and Mid-Level Developers, and Subject Matter Experts to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
• Work within a team that develops software in an interactive process.
Recent experience developing applications with ADA and FORTRAN is required..
• Experience with software processes and software management.
Active Secret clearance Required Skills
C, C++ C# software engineering / development
• Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Occasional travel may be necessary to support software development events
• Exposure to Agile programming techniques is desired
• Good organizational skills with the ability to handle complex multi-tasking.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with 3 or more years' experience from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
• Ability to maintain a Secret security clearance