Intelligent Software SystemsReq #
Required Top Secret/SCIPosition Type
Engineering - Software EngineerLocation
Schriever AFB, COBenefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
Benefits are subject to changeJob Description
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and AD&D coverage at 3x annual salary
- 401k plan, 4% non-elective contributions for all eligible employees and participants are 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
- Generous PTO and 10 Paid Holidays observed
- Education Assistance Program
- Relocation may be considered
Polaris Alpha ("Polaris") provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The Company has approximately 1,100 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally.
Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We're passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we're successful, and that formula won't be changing!
This position is in the Space Operations Department. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a real-world, cutting edge Space Situational Awareness applications that are changing how the Space community is doing business. The primary focus will be the implementation of interactive web applications focused on data analysis and visualization.Required Skills
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or technical discipline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/distributed team environment
• Experience with standards-based web design using HTML5 and CSS3
• Web service data formats (JSON, JSON-P, XML)
• Strong organizational and prioritization skillsDesired Skills
• 3-6 years of industry experience
• Working understanding of the W3C Web Component standards
• Experience developing Web Applications from the ground up
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, and Maven
• Working knowledge of the US intelligence community and DOD systems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.