ZendeskMadison, Wisconsin, US
Zendesk is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our Global Enterprise Support Services (ESS) team as Enterprise Support Manager. We want you to help us build, maintain, and optimize industry leading Enterprise Support Experiences.
Zendesk Enterprise Support Services provides specialized levels of technical support to Zendesk's largest and strategic customers. The Enterprise Support Manager is responsible for Enterprise response service delivery and evolving program health for Zendesk Customer Advocacy.
The Enterprise Support Manager is responsible for ensuring successful reactive support services are provided to this premier customer portfolio and works closely with our global leadership team to promote a seamless, consistent, and personalized customer experience.
This Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership, driving innovation, and providing technical and operational direction to the Premier Team of seasoned technology engineers as well as global support leadership peers. Additionally, the Manager develops strategies for building support service capability, capacity, and agility to meet Enterprise customer demand. This person sets the direction for and works with Customer Service Managers globally to balance the daily activities of Customer Advocates across Zendesk products. This individual will ensure Enterprise-level customer satisfaction. This person makes sure operational metrics are met and targets are achieved. This Manager works with the team to evaluate support treatment performance, and facilitates development of proficiency in both technical and high-touch Enterprise-level customer service skills across the organization in support of these premium support treatments.
The core duties of the role include leadership through influence and management of operations for the continuous improvement of the Priority and Premier customer experience. A tactical emphasis ideally includes customer care, quality management, workforce planning, SLA adherence, support treatment design & optimization. Performance metrics include customer satisfaction, customer effort, channel efficiency, low abandonment rate, issue resolution, and staffing utilization. A commitment to excellence is also demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale, in addition to maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Most importantly, the role involves regular conversations with Enterprise customers reviewing their experiences and building improvements over time.
The Manager's success is measured by the organization's ability to provide high quality services while meeting quantitative service level targets; maintaining high customer satisfaction and low customer effort; improving channel performance, resolution time and quality; optimal use of resources; adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency; and achievement of metrics in service to an evolving and superior Zendesk customer experience. Demonstration of consideration and understanding of the needs of the Enterprise customer is essential in this role. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of directly related work experience in both small and larger companies.
- 8+ years of experience managing multiple technical teams including experience with budget planning, change management, and workforce allocation/organization development.
- Must have prior experience and demonstrated success in managing geographically dispersed teams, ideally within an Enterprise-level global contact center operational environment.
- Must have demonstrated success in a high-touch, enterprise level, customer-facing role; demonstrable history of effective customer service attitude and ability to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations.
- Demonstrated success/achievements working at both the tactical and strategic levels related to global call center operations and resolving difficult customer situations at the Enterprise level.
- Must be experienced in coordinating cross-functional teams, support teams, escalation and engineering software teams, to successfully address product issues.
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels related to Contact Centers.
- Must also be experienced in identifying and implementing changes in process, organization and personnel, which will enhance the quality and efficiency of data and support operations.
- Strong innovation mindset, analytical skills, excellent oral, written communication skills and experience with effectively communicating project/program mission and objectives.
- Must have a strong understanding and experience working across Sales, Systems Engineering teams, as well as, a strong understanding of Support, Escalation and Engineering Software Defect Process across multiple product Groups.
- Proven ability to analyze the customer experience and design support enhancing features
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation
to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.