San Jacinto CollegeEqual Opportunity Statement:
The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.Professor, Psychology - South CampusResponsibilities:Teaching
- Keeps up with developments in the field of study.
- Demonstrates high standards-academic and professional.
- Evaluates student work constructively and provides timely feedback.
- Teaches at times and locations that meet student needs.
- Provides access to students through posted conference hours, electronic communications, and other appropriate methods and responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials.
- Develops and uses a syllabus and course information materials for each course, laboratory, or clinical setting within state, college, and departmental guideline.
- Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
- Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
- Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self-reflection.
- Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher education, as appropriate to the discipline(s).
- Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees, task forces, and councils.
- Participates in college-related activities such as registration, community education, recruitment of students, student retention, and faculty selection.
- Participates in college activities for students/student organizations to aid in retention.
- Participates in business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college.
- Participates in activities required to maintain program and college accreditation standards.
- Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
- Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and other partnerships with other institutions
- Master's degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in Psychology
- Must have one (1) year of college teaching experience at a community college or university
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule Requisition Number:
req1018Posting Close Date: