St Anthony Health and Rehabilitation
Location St. Anthony Health Center - Minneapolis, MN 55421 US (Primary)
Job Title FT Cook - AM - $1,000 Retention Bonus
Shift Type First ShiftPurpose
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, as well as sanitation, ordering, scheduling, setting menus, overall supervision of kitchen and as may be directed by the supervisor and/or Director of Dining Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities Dietary Service
1. Review menus prior to preparation of food. Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus. Meals must be palatable and appetizing in appearance.
2. Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus. Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
3. Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Dining Services.
4. Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
5. Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
7. Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident's meal tray.
8. Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served according to facility policy.
9. Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
10. Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, and events.
11. Meet federal and state in-service requirements.Safety and Sanitation
1. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations including hand hygiene as well as with established policies and procedures.
2. Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Ensure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.Equipment and Supply Functions
1. Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
2. Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
Job Requirements Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.Education and Experience
Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities. Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures. Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.Licensing/Certifications
Education Associate Degree
Job Type Full-Time
Willingness to travel 0 - 25%