St Anthony Health and Rehabilitation
Location St. Anthony Health Center - Minneapolis, MN 55421 US (Primary)
Job Title PT Dining Assistant - PM's
Shift Type Second Shift
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities Dining Service Functions
1. Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
2. Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties. Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc. Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area. Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area. Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
4. Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
5. Obtain food supplies for next meal.
6. Checking diet trays for accuracy before distribution.
7. Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
8. Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
9. Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
10. Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
11. Make only authorized food substitutions.
12. Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
Job Requirements Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education High School
Job Type Part-Time
Willingness to travel 0 - 25%