St Anthony Health and Rehabilitation
Location St. Anthony Health Center - Minneapolis, MN 55421 US (Primary)
Job Title PT Laundry Assistant - .2 - 3 pm to 11:30 pm every other weekend
Shift Type Second Shift
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the daily activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities Laundry Services
1. Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
2. Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine assignments in resident living areas.
3. Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
4. Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner.
5. Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer's instructions when necessary.
6. Dispose of personal protective equipment in accordance with our established sanitation procedures.
7. Coordinate routine/terminal disinfectant procedures with nursing service.
8. Ensure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets.
9. Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested.
10. Perform daily laundry functions and tasks as assigned in accordance with established laundry procedures
11. Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and separate those items that require special stain removal/treatment.
12. Sort and wash soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., in accordance with established procedures.
13. Fold, count, stack, hang, and distribute clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., to residents daily and/or as instructed.
14. During emergency conditions, assure that clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., are distributed to designated areas as instructed.
15. Clean floors, including sweeping, dusting, and damp/wet mopping. Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.
16. Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
Job Requirements Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education High School
Job Type Part-Time
Willingness to travel 0 - 25%