St Anthony Health and Rehabilitation
Location St. Anthony Health Center - Minneapolis, MN 55421 US (Primary)
Job Title PT Housekeeping Assistant - .2 - 6 am to 2:30 pm with every other weekend
Shift Type First Shift
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the daily activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities Housekeeping Functions
1. Perform daily housekeeping functions and tasks as assigned and follow established safety precautions and infection control procedures.
2. Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
3. Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
4. Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner.
5. Dispose of personal protective equipment in accordance with our established sanitation procedures.
6. Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets.
7. Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested.
8. Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc., daily.
9. Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
10. Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
11. Clean floors which includes sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.) Clean carpets, to include vacuuming
12. Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
13. Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
14. Clean hallways, stairways, elevators and vacant rooms.
15. Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
Job Requirements Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education High School
Job Type Part-Time
Willingness to travel 0 - 25%