Working for CSH:
If you have a desire to make a difference for people and families we have a place for you. Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and does change the lives of individuals facing acute disabilities, complex medical and mental conditions, substance use disorders and economic barriers, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Senior Analyst in our Finance Team. The Finance Team is an integral part of CSH focusing on efficiency, accuracy and transparency of business support services.
The Corporation for Supportive Housing is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual. Ideal candidates will be responsible for developing analyses and delivering key insights to support operational decision making. Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is located in CSH’s New York Office.
The Senior Analyst is an integral part of the CSH’s financial wellbeing. This position plays a key role in the preparation of financial and business analysis for the management team, program staff and external parties.
Project Selection, Underwriting, & Loan Closing
- Review financial model for LLR accuracy
- Work with Legal Department to setup bank wires of loan proceeds, and complete closing loan files
- Receive and review closing files from Legal and sign off on completeness
- Loan Disbursement/Servicing/Financial Reporting
- Oversee quarterly loan updates and information reporting, produce quarterly loan statements to reconcile
- Report on various metrics to investors and the federal CDFI Fund to include ILR and TLR reports
- Responsible for insuring that all financial reports and analyses to loan pool funders are completely accurate and in compliance with all reporting requirements. Responsible for drafting standard reports to loan funders for review and approval, and working with Fund Development and/or Project Development on other reports as needed.
- Respond to any CDFI Fund requests that may arise (FA/CMF), and pull staff in to address as needed.
- Participate in training of new staff people on reporting compliance process and systems
- Prepare information for monthly Loan Portfolio Monitoring Committee (LPMC) meetings and lead discussion on Loan Portfolio Quality and Status
- Oversee quarterly review of Borrowers for adjustments to Loan Loss Reserve based on risk factors
Financial Analysis and Management
- Provide necessary schedules and information to maintain accuracy of information in the general ledger regarding above activities.
- Assist the CFO in assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of CSH’s current systems and procedures for handling all the responsibilities outlined above and suggests improvements and/or new approaches and solutions for the desired outcomes.
- Other duties or special projects as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Three to five years of experience in loans or accounts receivable management and administration highly desirable.
- A BS in business or economics highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to capture, synthesize and present information in report form.
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service.
- Experience with reporting utilizing multiple databases, statistics and experience using a range of quantitatively-based analytical methods.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, standard office automation applications and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics or other complex accounting systems
- Proficient with loan administration software platforms, preferably The Exceptional Assistant (TEA)
CSH staff are mission driven, we take initiative, pursue goals with minimal supervision and are adept at managing multiple assignments effectively.