Carrington Mortgage Services, LLCPosition Type
Overview FOUNDED IN 2003
, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transactions- investments in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Why you should join Carrington:
- Our tuition reimbursement and great career advancement opportunities encourage employee growth.
- The senior leadership team is full of top industry leaders.
- We are an innovative and rapidly growing company.
- Our employees have access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our exclusive employee portal.
- An exciting, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment.
The Collateral Specialist will be responsible for reviewing collateral exception reports from custodians to clear exceptions in the collateral file that include but are not limited to: Missing incorrect or unrecorded mortgage, note, bailee letter, modification, and intervening assignments. The Collateral Specialist provides originations and existing client support related to file maintenance and reporting, securing, and maintaining security. Perform all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Perform routine administrative operations, and/or services support tasks.
- Ensure service standards, policies, procedures and are adhered to and client needs are met.
- Provide collateral processing support, and performing defined procedures.
- Prepare collateral related documentation, scanning and indexing, report reparation, and exception processing.
- Handle basic administrative activities and specific functions; (terminations, titles, insurance, scanning.)
- Resolve and corrects missing, incorrect, unexpected, unrecorded, illegible, damaged, or otherwise unusable documents required in a mortgage collateral file.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience MS Office applications.
- One (1) or more years of collateral experience.
- Basic knowledge of loan processing or administrative functions.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of collateral files and clearing of collateral files.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Required to utilize the following programs: Doculogic, Fiserv, LPS DesktopF, County Websites, and others.
- Strong organizational skills, promptness, inquisitiveness, and analytical decision making skills.
Carrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.