About the Job
Magoosh is looking for an experienced and effective Business Operations Manager to help scale our forecasting, modeling and analysis. Your goal will be to make sure that Magoosh has the resources necessary to deliver on our ambitious goals and that those resources are being deployed effectively. For the next ~2 years, this role will be an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Operations. In the long-term, this role may involve people management, including building out a business operations team.
This position is a full time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary range of $103,000 - $119,500, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Create forecasts and financial models for the business as a whole, new products, and key projects that will help Magoosh make smart strategic decisions. In time, you will own all forecasting and modeling at Magoosh.
- Support long-term, annual, and quarterly planning by creating financial models showing how our key metrics interact and to determine which projects might be key drivers of our growth.
- Support other business operations projects as they arise. This could be anything from negotiating a contract with a vendor to setting up an accounting system, and everything in between.
- Work cross-functionally to help teams plan and ensure that everyone at Magoosh is working on high-impact projects.
- Create and maintain profitability analysis for our business and products, and generate reports for senior leadership.
- Work with our outsourced accountants, lawyers, and other vendors to complete key projects that will impact Magoosh’s growth and mitigate risks.
- Work hands-on wherever needed – we are a startup environment and we all try to pitch in when necessary!
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post. To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Have 3 - 5 years of experience in startup business operations, finance, investment banking, consulting, or a similarly analytical field.
- Possess strong financial modeling skills and the ability to help others build those skills.
- Are able to design intuitive and easy-to-use tools using Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Are comfortable making thoughtful tradeoffs between accuracy and speed. For example, you can exercise good judgment to sacrifice +/- 10% accuracy of a model in order to complete it quickly, but don’t work so quickly that the model is sloppy or incomplete.
- Are detail-oriented, but can see and explain the big picture.
- Are comfortable quantifying hard-to-quantify variables and influencing others to do the same.
Extra credit if you…
- Know SQL (well enough to pull the data you need with limited support).
- Have experience managing and/or building a team.
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.