About the Job
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, data-savvy growth marketer to help us provide affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You’ll lead paid acquisition strategy across graduate, high school, and English-learning markets, contributing a significant impact to our bottom line. We already have millions of students using our free and paid products on mobile and desktop, and tens of thousands of students who have used our premium prep. You’ll be helping us to increase brand awareness, grow our user base and improve return on investment.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $101,000 to $119,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Own growth for a multi-channel paid acquisition portfolio of $1 million+ covering paid search, display, Facebook ads, affiliate programs, and radio.
- Develop campaigns to drive brand awareness and consideration for Magoosh’s online education products.
- Manage day-to-day reporting and performance of digital campaigns.
- Plan and execute direct media buys across offline channels such as radio, podcasts, and print (+more!).
- Research and vet new ad channels.
- Develop our marketing technology stack and build close partnerships with agencies and vendors.
- Improve channel effectiveness by A/B testing offers, creative, placement and target audiences.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams on defining and running paid advertising campaigns to reach company goals
$101,000 - $119,000 depending on experience
- Have 3-6 years of experience directly planning, executing and managing growth marketing programs.
- Have managed advertising budgets and forecasted spend and ROAS.
- Know the ins and outs of Google AdWords (including search ads, GDN, and YouTube), Facebook Ads, and Programmatic Display.
- Have run offline and/or brand awareness campaigns with measurable success.
- Love working with data in Excel and Google Analytics, and you regularly run experiments to understand the true value of a channel or campaign.
- Are highly analytical and think critically about how ad spend works with other owned and earned media channels.
- Understand how to craft engaging ad creative and landing page copy that drives a customer segment to take action.
- Can balance a big-picture outlook with the nitty-gritty details, e.g. identifying a problem in daily performance while keeping our 3-year plan in mind.
- Have a real passion for education and helping students succeed.
- Are willing to pitch in wherever needed on the marketing team (we’re a small startup, after all!).
Extra credit if you…
- Have worked in education
- Have experience with mobile ads and app tracking/analytics
- Have run digital ad campaigns (SEM, social) internationally
- Have design experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
Want to know more about employee perks? Visit out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.