About the Job
You’ll be the first point of contact for our current and potential students. Because our product is highly content-based, your interactions with students will go way beyond traditional support—you’ll help them determine how to reach their academic goals. Our phenomenal customer service and support is the #1 reason our students rave about us to their friends.
Since we are still a small company, we’re an “all hands on deck” type of support team. Beyond helping our students, you’ll support a lot of different areas of Magoosh. Our Support Specialists have helped review applications, build out online communities, and cultivate partnerships. In this role, you’ll truly wear many hats! :D
This is a part-time, remote position: you can work from home and as long you are checking in every weekday, you can set your own hours! The pay is $18.50/hr. Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will...
- Answer students’ questions about Magoosh through Zendesk and Intercom
- Chat to students with any inquiries over the phone
- Help troubleshoot student issues and escalate as necessary
- Encourage word of mouth by wowing our students
- Create and improve resources to help other Support Specialists on the team
- Tackle lots of different tasks to support other departments
- Have outstanding writing skills with an emphasis on an empathetic, friendly style
- Have a deep sense of empathy—you can always relate
- Are comfortable learning new tech tools. You’ll respond to our students through Zendesk, communicate with the rest of the team on Slack, and stay organized in Asana.
- Are passionate about education
- Are always “plugged in” and very responsive online
- Enjoy participating in online communities. We’re a small, tight-knit team, and we take every opportunity to support each other.
- Are flexible—it’s important to be adaptable to the evolving needs of Magoosh
- Can work 15-20+ hours per week
Extra Credit if you...
- Have experience with CRM tools like Zendesk and Intercom
- Have experience with Magoosh products
- Have teaching or tutoring experience
- Are familiar with our tests (like the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT and/or IELTS)—you’ve prepped for one of these exams yourself or have helped someone else do the same
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.