Peer Health Exchange, a leading, national nonprofit organization is looking for a Senior Director, Finance & Administration. This role who will serve as one of the organization’s leading strategists charged with shaping the overall direction of finance, technology, and administration. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Senior Director will also play a critical role in the continued success and financial growth of the organization nationwide.
Who You Are
- Mission-aligned. Do you aspire to show up for young people and your community each day? Are you a bold thinker and inclusive collaborator? Does authentic communication and honest feedback help you continuously learn and grow? Do you find the joy in both the journey and the results? If yes, your values are aligned with PHE’s mission to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. You share PHE’s core values of Health, Equity, Agency, Communication, and Impact.
- Innovative Leader. With more than six years of experience in financial systems and administration, you are an innovator, analytical thinker and strategic thought partner with a proven track record of success. You have skillfully implemented and continuously improved processes and systems while holding your team and others accountable for achieving measurable results. You have developed new insights into situations and applied innovative solutions to make organizational improvement thus creating a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation.
- Action- and Quality-oriented. You are action-oriented and thrive in fast-paced work environments. You encourage your team to work strategically and collaboratively amongst themselves and across departments. You strive for quality in producing financial data, reporting and/or audit coordination. Your experience of leading various teams with divergent goals and purpose will support your work as you develop the Financial & Administration team members.
- Effective Communicator & Visionary. With experience building and leading strong teams, you have created operational effectiveness by serving as a catalyst for organizational change. You have built a shared vision with others and used various channels of communication to provide clarity and direction. By authentically addressing successes and challenges, you have inspired your team members and others to translate vision into action. You have demonstrated the ability to lead and empower people and get results individually and collaboratively.
- Skillful Project Manager. Your depth of business, non-profit experience, and CPA knowledge has led your team through very complex business projects. You have experience strategically implementing new financial systems and leading large-scale technology projects. Your experience in setting priorities and anticipating potential threats or opportunities will help formulate effective strategies that are consistent with PHE's model and competitive strategies in a national market.
Organizational Impact & Outcomes for Success
With offices across the country, the Senior Director has the opportunity to build on the foundation of the past several years while taking this organization to the next level. The Senior Director will be responsible for the following three key functions:
Financial Management (45%)
- Review, analyze, prepare, and present financial and budget reports including monthly financial statements and annual financial reports
- Administer and oversee the annual budgeting and quarterly budget adjustment process, prepare annual and adjusted budgets, and monitor progress
- Lead the creation and management of financial systems, including developing policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and reporting
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, work with external auditors and the audit committee of the board of directors
- Oversee the management of organizational investments and ensure approval and correct allocation of organizational expenses
- Oversee the research, selection, migration of accounting system onto a new platform
IT and Operations Leadership (35%)
- Establish the long-term vision for technology and operations in alignment with PHE’s strategic priorities, including (1) setting clear objectives & strategies and (2) supporting the implementation of a technology project roadmap that is responsive to existing needs
- Direct the development and implementation of long-term workspace plans for PHE offices, including managing facilities contracts, insurances, leases, vendors, and safety standards
- Manage external vendors (including commercial and risk insurance) by aligning support with organizational needs and evaluating customer service levels
- Develop and manage the technology and operations budgets
Staff Leadership and Management (20%)
- Manage and develop direct report(s) to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Foster collaborative relationships between the Finance, Technology, and Operations team and the rest of PHE while monitoring Team health and culture
- Create and implement effective and relevant staff onboarding and training in conjunction with other departments
- Serve as the liaison to all other national and City team leads
- Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
About the Organization
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students to teach a robust skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools across the country. Since our founding in 2003, we have trained more than 8,500 college student volunteers to deliver effective health education to over 115,000 public high school students in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC. In 2016, PHE launched a five-year strategic plan to focus on growing our effective model while partnering with health and education systems, as well as communities to build a more integrated, sustainable model for health education. You will be joining an incredibly passionate, collaborative, and committed team working together towards our vision of advancing health equity.
How to Learn More
This targeted search is being led by the executive search team at Advance Talent Solutions (ATS). If you have any questions, you can reach our team at email@example.com.
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
Financial Analysis-Research-Reporting, Bookkeeping, Financial Control, Fund Accounting, General-Other: Accounting-Finance, Strategic Planning-Intelligence, Project Management, Systems Analysis - IT
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health, Equity, Agency, Communication and Impact
- 6+ years of work experience in financial systems and administration
- Demonstrated experience with final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and/or audit coordination
- Action-oriented and a demonstrated ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments/Teams
- Ability and motivation to positively influence a changing and vibrant work culture
- A demonstrated ability to lead and empower people and get results individually and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group with of individuals with divergent goals and purpose
- 2+ years of experience developing and leading large-scale technology engagement and IT service delivery strongly preferred
- MBA and/or CPA
- 2+ years of experience working in a non-profit setting