Pediatric Specialty CareRequisition ID
2018-2981# of Openings
2018-01-22Area of Interest
Pediatric Specialty CareLocation
The Admissions Coordinator team member is responsible for the screening of Prospective residents for facilities in the Elderwood organization. This individual will maintain equal responsibility and loyalty to each Elderwood facility and possess a well-rounded understanding of services, routines, staffing, environment and general operations within the organization they represent.Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for admission screenings and document compilation at local hospitals, ACF's, resident homes
- Submit a statistical monthly report to the Director of Admissions indicating delineation of screens completed by facility referral, admissions placed and a narrative summary of key events.
- Effectively utilize voice mail and two way pagers for the purpose of communication between facilities, screener and Director of Admissions.
- Visit designated hospital assignments daily.
- Maximize productivity through communication with Director of Admissions for re-assignment or assignment of secondary support.
- Participate in targeted marketing projects.
- Initiate physician, hospital and referral source marketing efforts.
- Coordinate Pre-Admission Planning programs.
- Coordinate with referral sources a timely transfer of appropriate residents to ElderWood sites.
- Minimum 21 yrs. age required, High School diploma or equivalent required Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work; R.N.; or health related field from an accredited institution required. 2-3 years clinical experience, required.
- Hospital Discharge Planning experience required. Strong clinical assessment skills and working knowledge of medical charts and terminology necessary. Ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet the public easily, handle problems diplomatically, maintain flexibility and cooperate with other staff members necessary. Valid State & Driver's License and clean driving record required with personal mode of transportation Must be energetic, enthusiastic and portray a positive attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.