Aesculap Inc.Requisition ID
Aesculap Inc# of Openings
8AM - 5PMSite
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.Responsibilities Position Summary:
Position is responsible for all technical aspects of maintaining electrical, battery powered, air and motor product line. Including installation, service, hardware upgrades and preventive maintenance. Coordinate in-house, field and third party services of equipment and accessories.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform diagnostics on Power and Electronic Equipment including hardware testing, systems check, instrument calibration check and repair/upgrade as needed to ensure proper equipment performance
- Troubleshoots with sales representative, surgeons and hospital personnel
- Schedule all in-house and field systems affected by upgrades guaranteeing that all hardware engineering enhancements are made.
- Maintain database tracking upgrades; logging service schedules; recording testing and information documentation to meet MFG compliance requirements; and documenting customer complaints
- Monitor performance Verification Procedures
- Maintain test fixtures and equipment
- Orders and maintains sufficient inventory level of spare parts for all equipment.
- Orders blue prints, technical specs, service documentation and parts list for equipment.
- Commitment to repair turnaround deadlines and the appropriate completed documentation as required.
- Provides training as needed.
- Disassembles, troubleshoots, repairs and reassembles equipment within specified turnaround time.
- Provides order processing and sales personnel with repair cost estimates as needed.
- Coordinate work schedule for in-house and field service calls as well as third party service to meet customer demands
- Maintain Service Manuals insuring all manuals are current revision
- Provide 24X7 on-call coverage for Technical Support Phone Line
- Manage parts inventory at appropriate levels including administration of loaner pool program
- Serve as consultant to sales representative and customers troubleshooting technical problems and managing repair exchange
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Must be willing to travel by air and car (up to 30-40%), and work occasional weekends.
- Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires extensive training, installation, repair, hardware upgrade, instrument calibration and medical safety testing procedures.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operatingand maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires an AA preferably in Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience. BA/BS preferably in Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a service technician with medical equipment and repair of electronic and mechanical systems
- Extensive experience with electronic equipment testing, Windows installation and computer hardware assembly
- Equivalent to two years junior college or apprenticeship training
- Complete Certification Training meeting required expectations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.