Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Manufacturing Operations# of Openings
16 hours agoShift/Schedule
MTWThF 3:00P-12:00A (United States of America)Overview
The Formulation Scientist I formulates custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's specifications. This generally includes quantification, final packaging, and QC sampling of the products being made.ResponsibilitiesJob Specific Essential Functions:
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment accurately; including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Utilizes stoichiometry to convert measurement units and creates custom solutions
- Translates order requirements into a process to formulate oligos to the customer's specifications
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Maintains daily ship deadlines for all products
- Maximizes automation for all processes
- Incorporates new products and processes continuously
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follows custom instructions outlined by Oligo Master Records or Manager Approved Process Flows
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Organizes and handles customer owned materials as well as non-standard reagent formulations
- Handles expensive oligos and reagents
- Prepares standard and custom shipping paperwork and labels
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and an emphasis on Excel) required
Other Job Qualifications
- Skill of accurately delivering proper volumes when hand pipetting required
- Strong attention to detail
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.