SidePlate Systems, Inc is driven to create trusted partnerships that are stronger than steel. By harnessing our 22 years of engineering expertise and innovation, we are able to deliver sophisticated steel frame solutions that save our clients time and money.
Our team is looking for a Marketing Manager to work in a new Business Development environment to develop, execute and maintain a strategic marketing plan that accomplishes the overall business objectives of a growing professional service firm. This position will be responsible for communicating developed marketing strategy to the business development and engineering teams. Also they will direct the development of marketing materials to promote the SidePlate technology, develop and execute strategic public relations campaign to grow SidePlate's image in the industry and support the Business Development team by communicating market trends and emerging opportunities for increased exposure. This position also includes responsibility for the supervision and training one or more support personnel.
Develop and Maintain Successful Market Strategy for the Company (40%):
- Manage all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns in line with company objectives and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Work directly with regional engineers on developing specific territory marketing strategies.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Maintain an understanding of competitor marketing practices and strategies including consumer trends to help in educating Business Development team in areas where we can best utilize marketing.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
- Oversee the company's marketing budget.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development in planning and supporting new technology/service launches.
- Develop and deliver insightful presentations and strategies to the executive committee where appropriate.
Marketing Material (20%):
- Direct the development of promotional materials including marketing collateral and print copies for specific market, territory and customer requirements.
- Direct the development of presentation material including a library of PowerPoint slides, project case studies, handouts, etc. to be used by the regional engineers in order to strengthen the sales process, and obtain additional project leads.
- Negotiate with media agents to secure agreements for translation of materials into other media.
Develop Public Relations Campaign (20%):
- Manage activity with PR, press and marketing communications agencies.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and newsletters that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Planning of promotional campaigns at various tradeshows, conferences, project tours and other similar events.
Branding of Company Culture (10%):
- Develop job fair presentation to increase student engagement.
- Work in collaboration with the Human Resource Manager to brand the Culture/People area of the company website.
- Support Human Resources with branding of companywide events in order to increase employee engagement.
Manage Support Personnel (10%):
- Train and mentor new marketing support team members.
- Meet regularly with direct report(s) to support and assisting him/her in achieving their personal and professional goals.
- Provide direction to direct reports' in order to accomplish department goals
- Complete necessary performance reviews.
- Bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in marketing related field
- (10) Or more years of experience in corporate marketing and branding including the direct supervision of a marketing team.
- Proven track record of working in a new business development environment and experience with working directly with customers.
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Schedule) Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret market data. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, media, and the general public.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheet.
- Up to 15% of the total work time spent traveling to potential and existing customers, tradeshows, and company sponsored events.
Full Time, up to 50% travel, Monday-Friday
SidePlate is an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.