Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Research & Data Analyst, Academic Quality and Student Success
position. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic and Student Success, the Research & Data Analyst, Academic Quality and Student Success provides leadership and expertise to support academic quality and student success efforts. This position collaborates with the College's Institutional Research department and various departments within the Academic and Student Success division to conduct research on academic quality and student success initiatives by collecting, managing and analyzing institutional data, particularly those aligned with Guided Pathways. The Research & Data Analyst translates research findings into usable information and develops written reports, dashboards and presentations for relevant internal and external constituents.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Master's degree required.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in institutional research required.
• Demonstrated understanding of analytics to assist in strategic decision-making and business outcomes and projections required.
• Demonstrated ability to design and produce accurate research reports required.
• Experience with research statistical techniques and manipulating large data sets required.
• Knowledge of enterprise-wide student information systems and report-writing required.
• Demonstrated analytical ability: ability to identify, understand, analyze and design unique and innovative solutions to complex challenges required.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to prioritize effectively and resolve questions and problems independently required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face to face and email) required to effectively communicate with students, the general public, and College staff and faculty required.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly present technical material to non-technical staff required.
• Ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to work in a team environment required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Doctorate degree strongly preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in institutional research in higher education preferred.
• Experience with institutional effectiveness and student outcomes models preferred.
• Banner and Argos report writing experience preferred.