MSA, The Safety Company
At MSA, safety isn't just in our name. It's the driving factor behind every decision we make because we know our customers rely on us every day to keep them safe. It's a noble mission and a challenge that every MSA associate accepts when they join our team. That's why we provide our associates with a competitive pay and benefits package, learning and development opportunities, and an inclusive and friendly work environment. Join the MSA and help make the world safer, one person at a time.Requisition ID
2018-2199# of Openings
US-PA-Cranberry TwpPosted Date
15 hours agoCategory
We are looking for a Designer to join the Fall Protection NPD team! While reporting to the Fall Protection NPD Engineering Manager, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to design and develop new and exciting industrial fall protection products that meet or exceed customer requirements by utilizing MSA's established New Product Development process. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate with engineers in the development of original designs and prototypes to develop best in class fall protection products.
• Utilize engineering sketches, customer specifications and any other data to the development of products. Incorporate acceptable tolerances and dimensions as determined for specific capacities, operating requirements, and material selection.
• Prepare models and drawings, using computer aided design tools such as SolidWorks, of systems, parts or equipment from sketches or marked up prints
• Develop designs with consideration of cost and manufacturability factors.
• Document work performed, typically for internal distribution or record keeping.
• Recognize discrepancies or errors and seek out alternative solutions for obstacles encountered.
• Consistently meet work deadlines while producing high quality work results and products.
• Facilitate new engineering documentation requests, new releases, and change requests in a timely manner and in accordance with MSA documentation control processes.
Qualifications Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Proven ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build physical models and perform required testing
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with SolidWorks CAD software in the creation of detailed drawings.
• Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solving and customer-based perspective.
• Proven experience of using internal systems and procedures to perform design and documentation.
• Demonstrated experience of drawing tolerances and tolerance stacking.
• International and domestic travel required up to 10%.Education and experience required:
Associate's degree or related two year technical school degree in Drafting or Computer Aided Design or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year related experience for the Designer I level position
• Minimum 3 years related experience for the Designer II level positionPreferred:
- Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) certification
- Certified SolidWorks Associate certification
- Familiarity with plastic injection molded design
- Demonstrated experience with SAP enterprise management software
- Hands-on experience and/or formal education pertaining to fall protection
- Solid understanding of regulatory issues
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know. Contact Us