Research Administrator/Research Coordinator - Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.Job DescriptionResearch Administrator/Research Coordinator - Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging - 18001073DescriptionThis is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University (HNRCA) investigators conduct advanced studies on nutrition and aging. Their research focuses on determining the optimal nutrient profile necessary to promote well-being for older adults. HNRCA scientists examine how nutrition plays a major role in the prevention of the major chronic degenerative conditions and diseases associated with aging.
The HNRCA is operated by Tufts University through a cooperative agreement with the Agricultural Research Service (ARS). Located adjacent to the Tufts University Health Science campus in Boston, Massachusetts, the HNRCA is one of six human nutrition research centers in the United States supported by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Research Administration Core Unit provides research administration and budget management support to the research laboratories at the HNRCA. Each member of the core has a varied portfolio of investigators/laboratories that he or she works with to further the research objectives of the Center.
Responsible for administering standard portfolio of sponsored awards. Utilizing knowledge of academic area, works with faculty to develop sponsored proposals and to manage post-award compliance activities. May assist school management with other assigned program operation functions. QualificationsBasic Requirements:
- The following required knowledge and skills as typically acquired by completing Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1- 3 years of research administration experience.
- Knowledge of funding agencies and their programs.
- Understanding of regulations that govern federal research funding and related areas of regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with detail orientation.
- Excellent prioritization skills, strong analytical , problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in collegial, supportive manner with faculty and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with concurrent deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet.
- Proficient with electronic grants management systems (i.e., grants.gov, NIH eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane, ProposalCentral, etc.) or ability to learn these and other applicable systems.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator (CPRA), or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA).
Travel between Tufts' three campuses may be required.An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.Primary Location:
Core/Service Support-HNRCEmployee Status:
Jan 31, 2018, 1:26:37 PM