Drywall Finisher Mechanic
Position Summary: Seals joints between plasterboard or other wallboard's to prepare wall surface for painting or papering by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mixes sealing compound by hand or with portable electric mixer and spreads compound over joints between boards.
- Presses paper tape over joint to embed tape into compound and seal joint or tapes joint, using mechanical applicator or Broad-knife that spreads compound and embeds tape in one operation.
- Spreads and smooths joint compound material over tape to blend joint with wall surface.
- Sands rough spots after compound has dried.
- Fills cracks and holes in walls and ceiling with sealing compound.
- Installs metal molding at corners in lieu of sealant and tape.
- Applies texturing compound and primer to walls and ceiling preparatory to final finishing (if applicable).
- Countersinks nails or screws below surface to wall prior to sealing compound.
Candidate should exhibit excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Repetitive motions using applicators and rollers.
- Constant walking, steeping, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing on scaffolds, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to lift between 20 – 124 lbs.
- This job also requires some drywall framing, hanging and sanding.
Work Environment/Working Conditions
Employee will work in a busy, informal, yet professional office environment at times. The noise level is usually moderate but may be high while employee encounters field operations.
Precision Walls is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer of women/minorities/disabilities/veterans. We are an e-Verify employer and all candidates must pass a drug test.