Location: Seattle, WA USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2218Description
The MEP - Project Manager takes a lead role on Mechanical, Electrical and Process scopes on 1 or more projects concurrently. They liaises directly with the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the MEP Scopes on time and in budget.
To be successful in this position, you must have previous MEP Project Management experience on and a demonstrated track record of leading and executing profitable projects while building talent capability.Responsibilities
- Review MEP Scopes of Work and participate in scope review meetings
- Manager MEP installation and commissioning activities within the Project Schedule
- Train others on MEP systems
- Determine the MEP subcontracting strategies for a project
- Develop MEP bid package schedule
- Track progress of the MEP coordination process and ensure the deliverable meets contract requirements
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project, promoting our "Don't Walk By" safety standard and Company Values.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as external through your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required
- 10+ years of related proven Project Management experience is required
- Substantial experience in WTP/WWTP projects in excess of $20m. will be highly regarded
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Experienced in liaising with clients, consultants, and management of site staff and subcontractors
- Demonstrated Productivity tracking, monitoring for self-performed scopes, Project cost forecasting experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal Executive Presentation Skills is essential
- Proven ability to work through and overcome conflicts productively and while maintaining professionalism at all times
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) is an asset
- Position requires extensive travel to project sites
- Must be willing and able to relocate based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.