OMNOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OMNOVA will not discriminate in any of its personnel decisions against any employee or applicant for employment for which they are qualified on account of such employee's or applicant's race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender, physical or mental disability, national origin, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.What are we looking for?
This position is responsible for leading the Americas Sales organization for our Chemicals businesses, which is responsible for delivering approximately $345M in revenue annually. This role will directly oversee the execution of our Americas sales strategy for our chemicals businesses through driving a team of high-performing Key Account Managers, as well as a leader managing our critical territory, inside sales, distribution and customer care teams. The VP Sales-Americas Chemicals is a key leadership role responsible for participating in sales strategy development, business planning, and alignment of our Sales resources to our overall commercial strategy. This role involves significant customer interaction leading to key customer growth and retention, and new business development that drives sales profitability. This role is also charged with creating a plan to meet or exceed our Americas Annual Operating Plan commitments, which includes creating and reinforcing a culture of Sales and Customer Service Excellence. To ensure success, this role works hand-in-hand with functional peers and General Managers to maximize growth/savings opportunities in a matrix reporting environment. This role is also responsible for ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements.Your tasks and responsibilities...
Who you are...
- Develop and execute on overall business and market strategies to drive step change improvements in key account growth, key innovation project acceleration, volume, margin expansion, and cash generation.
- Drive successful financial, operational, employee and customer results to exceed Annual Operating Plan targets and maximize full commercial potential.
- Drive new business development within the sales organization by identifying unmet needs, prioritizing opportunities, marshaling support within the organization, and commercializing opportunities.
- Develop and manage key industry contacts and alliances to improve OMNOVA's overall competitive position in target market segments.
- Drive alignment and prioritization with all functions related to delivering on our Sales growth targets, including Marketing, Innovation, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance; optimize matrix relationships to drive business results.
- Participate in assessment of Innovation Pipeline activities; assist in prioritization of projects and drive commercial launch/translation success.
- Drive the visibility of the OMNOVA brand in target markets.
- Drive leadership and accountability in our Core Values of Safety, Accountability, Integrity and Agility
- Develop a strong team, providing coaching, training, and appropriate development opportunities for direct reports.
- Bachelors required
- 10-15 years of experience in Sales Leadership in the Chemicals or Plastics industry
- Requires strong motivational leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Requires a strong strategic orientation and highly proficient analytical skills.
- Demonstrated well-developed business and commercial acumen