Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Marketing# of Openings
18 hours agoShift/Schedule
M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)Overview
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing marketing, advertising and promotional activities to achieve the organizational, business and departmental strategic goals, by working with the rest of the marketing team, product management, sales, field applications, customer support and other functions.ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
- For assigned business areas, prepares marketing strategies alongside company executives, product management teams and other business owners
- Plans and executes product rollout plans, advertising plans, promotional campaigns, trade show participation and direct customer communication
- Develops and implements targeted marketing and lead generation programs using various communication channels
- Leads implementation of marketing activities with Product Managers, Creative Team, Scientific and Corporate Communications, across all media platforms
- Leads creation and delivery of advertisements and other marketing materials
- Analyzes and reports marketing campaign effectiveness and return on investment (ROI)
- Performs competitive analysis in market segments to identify areas of differentiation and opportunities to develop marketing collateral and improve marketing effectiveness
- Represents marketing department on product development core teams
- Provides sales support for assigned areas
- Prepares and adheres to budgets for assigned areas
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and delivers the Integrated DNA Technologies experience to customers and other business associates
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences required, advance degree preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Minimum of three years of experience and detailed knowledge of marketing within a life sciences organization required; five years preferred
- Genomics marketing experience and extensive genomics market knowledge (especially experience with marketing CRISPR gene editing products preferred
- Prior experience with digital marketing platforms (email, CRM, CMS, analytics), SEO, and e-commerce preferred
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and work well under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to operate independently, lead cross-functional teams, manage deliverables and act with good business judgment
- Ability to develop and apply creative/innovative solutions to marketing problems and initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders from all functions
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Exert up to 20lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequentlyConstant (67%-100% of work day)
Frequent (34-66% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.