University of Iowa Community Credit UnionPosition Summary:
UICCU is now taking applications for an Account Resolution Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, patient, conscientious person who will constantly strive to do accurate work. Efforts will include, but not be limited to extensive telephone, written and person to person communication with and collection of past due, overdrawn and legal reserve accounts. The ultimate objective of all collection activities will be to determine the cause and severity of an account's delinquent and/or overdrawn status, and to establish an appropriate course of action in order to remedy the situation. This individual must be able to handle phone calls with an accomodating attitude, have the ability to contribute as a team member, and have a sense of pride in a job well done.Pay Range
$17.57 - $26.35Work Schedule
Monday through Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm
Rotating Saturdays, about one every 12 - 8:30am to 5:30pm
CollectionsEqual Opportunity Employment Statement:
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Contacts and confers with members by any means necessary in order to determine the reason for delinquency and/or overdrawn status, and to arrange an appropriate course of action in order to remedy the situation. Records all communication and collection activity in the appropriate UICCU systems.
- Takes applications for mortgage and consumer loans, analyzes and works on term modifications/collection refinances as required. Approves or denies credit applications within the scope of CU lending guidelines and policies, and individual approval authority.
- Performs skip-tracing duties, as required and directed.
- Assists Collections Department with departmental and/or branch training or job shadowing.
- Acts as the credit union's liaison between lenders and State National to resolve problems, questions, and provide training.
- Performs proper legal repossession and foreclosure of collateral securing delinquent accounts, and for the maintenance of that collateral while in the credit union's possession and for it's appropriate and legal disposition.
- Represents the Credit Union in dealing with legal counsel, small claims, district, state and federal civil, bankruptcy and probate courts, repossession agencies, and collection and/or credit counseling agencies, as required.
- Provides input for determination when in UICCU's best interest to initiate foreclosure and other actions necessary to recover property.
- Conducts credit investigations and income verifications following guidelines for EF loans and credit union policy.
- Refers members to financial counseling resources when necessary.
- Cross-sells Credit Union products and services when appropriate.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Minimum of three years collection and lending experience with reasonable knowledge of collection practices, consumer credit, real estate and bankruptcy laws and regulations, or equivalent credit, deposit, and/or financial counseling experience.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand. At times length of working day can be unpredictable, must be willing and able to work early and/or stay late with short notice.
- Ability and desire to interact with co-workers to develop positive and effective working relationships in all areas of Credit Union services.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way during periods of stressful member contact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the Credit Union during such contact.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and office equipment.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
Reports to Collections Team Lead.Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.