The Project Manager/ Coordinator, Publications and Operations under the direction of the Director, Scientific Communications and the Assoc. Director Medical Affairs will facilitate a compliant publication process and assist with operational initiatives for medical affairs. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting in scientific communications materials development, editorial review of documents, document tracking in Datavision (e.g., reporting and monitoring processes) and operational activities including, but not limited to, budget/forecast management, research management, and process improvement across the department. These activities will support the US and Global Brand initiatives and research goals across therapeutic areas including products in development, health outcomes and special project areas as needed to meet the business objectives.
- Drives the execution of compliant publication plans and supports publication team needs
- Oversees agency deliverables and assists with editorial development of manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slides, and completes publication checklists for all material to assure compliance with all publication guidelines, Otsuka policies and SOPs
- Maintains accurate and timely entries in the publication management system at all times and coordinates all necessary review and approval activities
- Interacts with alliance partners and affiliated companies to ensure that compliant publication processes are followed, facilitates a transparent publication process, participates in publication discussions at team meetings, ensures compliant publication plans are developed and followed
- Medical Affairs finance management, research management, and cross-functional support.
- BS or BA Degree in a scientific field required; advanced degree preferred
- ISMPP CMPP designation preferred or willing to obtain when eligible to sit for the exam
- 2+ years of project management experience is required; project management experience in the pharmaceutical environment with publication and/or finance operations project experience is preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations, guidelines governing publications and medical affairs operations (e.g. GMP, PhRMA, FDA, OIG, GPP3, ICJME)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of accounting principles is a plus
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and makes an accurate determination of timeframe for projected completion
- Effectively communicates with team members and stakeholders regarding publications and medical affairs operational activities
- Asks appropriate questions in order to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved
- Datavision experience highly preferred
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion ( 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en
. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com