GAMPAC is part of the SGA Family of Companies. As a privately held business, we value our associates, and strive to Feed the American Dream for both our associates and our customers. We are seeking associates who believe in giving the highest level of service in the industry. When our customer succeeds, we succeed! If this is the environment you are looking for, we invite you to join our team!
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Vice President, Logistics (third party) is responsible for the development and implementation of a major non-asset freight brokerage business for the organization. This position requires a proven leader with the skills and expertise to implement and sustain an effective brokerage operation that will support current business and fuel future growth. The challenge is to build a world-class team, develop a high-level service offering, motivating and leading staff while optimizing costs, increasing revenues and improving profitability.
Develop, implement, and sustain brokerage capability within GAMPAC including systems, processes and associates.
- Complete planning activities for both short term and long-term goals of the business including budgetary planning, analysis, and performance review.
- Work in coordination with other company business units, develop the strategic and tactical direction for the business, establish management processes and metrics for performance and be accountable for financial performance and growth.
- Supervise process improvement internally and in the company's partnerships with customers and carriers.
- Direct negotiation with customers and carrier partners.
- Engage and develop Associates.
- Grow brokerage and managed transportation sales per the GAMPAC operating plan.
- Manage carrier acquisition, negotiating pricing and carrier development strategy.
- Develop & manage KPI's (i.e. on-time performance, margin, data integrity, lane balances).
- Develop, implement, and sustain an effective and efficient carrier relations process and Team.
- Carrier Recruitment
- Carrier Relations
- Carrier Contract Management
- Lead and continue to develop the claims processes and associates.
- Participate as a highly valued member of the GAMPAC Leadership Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 5 years progressive responsibility managing and growing a multi-site Non-Asset Freight Brokerage.
- P & L experience (Gross Margin, Revenue, OE, ROI, Daily Dashboard).
- Experience in directing/coordinating freight brokerage and managed transportation sales activity.
- Technology and process improvement experience within managed transportation and brokerage operations.
- Knowledge and experience of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration guidelines relative to HOS, HAZMAT, and keeping in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- MS Office environment experience required, e.g. Excel, Access, Word, etc.
- Working knowledge of TMS (Transportation Management Systems)
- Skilled communicator; listening, coaching, counseling, and praising associates in building and maintaining a positive working environment with all levels of Associates.
- Analytical and attention to detail to maintain precise standards.
- Must be capable of sharing and articulating the vision and goals, capable of long-term planning, facilitating the strategies and action steps needed to exceed expectations, both department and Operating Unit-related.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.