United States Bakery
US Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/disability/protected veteran status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities. EEO/AA
6133 Date Posted:
2006 S Weller Category:
$24-$29 (hourly rate)
JOB SUMMARY: Bakery Maintenance Engineers will perform required repairs and maintenance tasks as assigned in an orderly, timely, and cost conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, freezers, and/or facilities.
SHIFT & HOURS: New employees will be assigned to any work day: Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts will be based solely upon the union bid process.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt position
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all pieces of equipment within the bakery including: production equipment; building (inside construction) and facility grounds.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment's productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize bakery product productivity.
- Performs inside construction which may include framing, plumbing and electrical components.
- Ensures all work areas are clean, safe, and follows company GMP's.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with federal and state requirements at all times.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls, and preventative maintenance reports.
- Prepares specific and accurate parts request forms.
- Responds to maintenance and line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Provides emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Performs duties in all areas within maintenance department.
- Provides technical assistance and information to Chief Engineer, as needed.
- Displays initiative in recognizing work to be accomplished and makes recommendations to Chief Engineer.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
- High school graduate or GED required.
- LME license strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in similar maintenance of production line equipment and facilities at a large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
- Work experience in other similar equipment maintenance of industrial, manufacturing or production-line equipment may substitute.
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment supporting fast paced machinery.
- Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and flexibility to work in different jobs as needed.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer's attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Must join union within 30 days of hire.
- Adherence to company core values.